Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Long weekend....

Hello! Gosh, these last few months my posts have been fairly thin on the ground! My life has been kind of hectic since, well, pretty much the end of August and now that I have started back on the second and final year towards getting my Masters it’s going to be even more hectic! I really want to keep blogging but realise that I will only have time to post once/twice a week and now that I have made a decision on this I feel a bit better as it was verging on becoming a chore for me which is not the idea at all, at all!!

So, what have I been up to…..well, we had a long weekend here in Ireland last weekend and money being tight these days we finally took up my brother-in-law's offer for us to stay in his holiday home in Wexford (on the South East coast and known as the “sunny south east”). It’s kind of a “holiday village” and I had a lot of preconceptions about this and thought I would not like it BUT I was wrong and must now eat a rather large slice of humble pie. It is not at all what I had envisioned (heaps and heaps of holiday homes strewn together without much thought or planning, not well kept, over run with people renting for weekends not caring about the environment etc) so I was very pleasantly surprised to find a well-planned, well laid out green park land type scenario with lovely little cottages strategically placed so that all have a nice view and privacy…backing on to a beautiful links golf course with a lovely winding path through it for the residents to access the Clubhouse and also to reach the most gorgeous mile long beach…all two minutes from your door! The little “estate” is really well kept and there are tennis courts and a nice play area for kids…lots of nice green space everywhere. Also, it seems that most of the people visiting own the properties so they are really well cared for.

We had such a lovely weekend! We went for lots of walks on the beach which, as mentioned was just a stroll away. We took a few jaunts out in the car to some of the other beaches in the area and we were blessed with stunning weather….cannot believe we are having this weather at end of October (it's 18 degrees today)! We still lit a fire every evening tho…atmosphere you know!

Some pictures of the beach below…the woofers loved it!






Hope you had a lovely weekend and are enjoying your week :)

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It looks like a beautiful place to visit Martina! And your weather! Sounds better than ours in spring you are lucky it must be great. I know what you mean about blogging I find it hard to post all the time too but it's good to know it's not a chore, plus I love your posts regardless of how often they appear : )

christina said...

these are just gorgeous photos! oh so lovely. You are working hard, all your work, will pay off. : )
i send tummy rubs, to my buddies. adorable!

Tracy said...

Sensational photos, Martina... so glad the weather was good, and the doggies look happy too. Such a lot you have on your place... enjoy your educational time. Be here when you can, when you want to be... We'll be here. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Casie said...

It's just so nice to get out of the city every now and then. The Sunny South East looks absolutely lovely. Hopefully your Brother-in-law will offer up his holiday house again!

Good luck with the final year of your Masters. Would love to know what you're studying! However often you post, be sure to know that it's a pleasure to read them. You find some great objects to desire, but I particularly enjoy the snippets of Ireland & Dublin.

fifi said...

that looks divine! we're tag-teaming - you guys are just coming back and we're just leaving. hope you feel relaxed and refreshed....

Relyn Lawson said...

Your new banner is lovely, lovely wonderful!