Monday, May 03, 2010

Hello..anyone out there??

Hello..I'm not sure if anyone stops by anymore..it's been a long time and I keep meaning to come on here and write up a little post to tell you what I am up to and why the long gap in posting..I am doing a Masters and am in my final year with the deadline for my thesis coming towards me like a high-speed train so I am extremely busy trying to get it written up and it is occupying most of my time right now...boring!

Anyway, the end is in sight and I am feeling so excited about having it out of my way and out of my hair and really looking forward to a lovely summer! It's the May bank holiday here and while I did some work this weekend I also managed to go out for a couple of nice lunches and am just back from the garden centre and lunch at Avoca.

I bought some beautiful hydrangeas for the garden and a little Japanese maple. I also bought some really pretty mugs in Avoca and was really excited to see they are stocking PIP Studio goods...this is a wonderful web store based in Amsterdam with the most gorgeous homeware...bedding, cushions, porcelain..a veritible feast of goodies that I hope you will love as much as I do!! It has been on my list to share with you for some time...check out the PIP website - I dare you not to fall in head over heels for everything!!

I have some home projects to share with you but not quite yet...I love the wallpaper below as well as the cushions and hope to buy a couple of bits and bobs once I am finished my thesis...





7 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Hi, Martina! I remember finishing my master's and barely having time to wash my hair. If I'd had a blog back then the poor thing would have been covered in virtual cobwebs.

I adore that bird wallpaper--the colors, the pattern--it's so delicate and springlike.

Hope you're well. Glad that end is near for your degree!!

Casie said...

So good to hear from you and that all is well.

All the best for thesis writing. Summer will be a lovely reward!

stephanie said...

Yay! I've been wondering if you're OK...now it all makes sense. Congrats on the Masters; I bet it's amazingly overwhelming to be working and doing that at the same time. I'm excited to see your projects.

Tamara said...

lovely to find your blog via concerning pancakes! such pretty images here. can't wait for your projects.

Cheryl said...

Hey! Present and accounted for! :) I haven't been blogging much at all either. Good luck with all you have going on!

Tracy said...

Hi, Martina! SCRUMPTIOUS fabrics and paper... love the bird-theme. Best wishes on the race to the finish with your masters! :o)

PhotoPuddle said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Here's to a fabulous and relaxing summer.

Love all these colourful prints!