Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Keeping with all things green....

...well, not really but there is a little bit of green in these pictures!! Finally got around to trying some of the Macaroons at Laduree (in the Luxury Hall at Brown Thomas - Dublin's swishiest department store). Managed to pack in most of the flavours and they were all delicious...I could easily scoff the lot...they are very wee! I took a few pictures last night and these were the clearest but you'll see a little blob on the first one, up on the top, where I used the i-photo retouch to block out a bit of chocolate hanging out of the top (ruining it for me). Wish I could use photo-shop or something...I wonder am I the only person in the world who loads up photos "straight off the camera" or SOTC...a phrase/acronym I wasn't even aware of until about a week ago....luddite :)

Anyway, heading out tonight for something to eat and a few bevvies as we have tomorrow off to celebrate St Paddy! Not sure if we will go to the parade tomorrow (boo!)...we'll have to see...if we do, I will be sure to take some photos and share more SOTC gems with you all!!



6 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy st pats day Martina! I hope you have a lovely day off! Those macarons look beautiful, how great to be able to buy them in Dublin, and your pictures are great. Like you I load my pics straight from the camera too, I think they look good.

Casie said...

They look delicious! I think trying a macaroon should have been on my list of things to do in 2010.

Hope you enjoy the St Patricks day celebrations.

Tell me, do you have a flickr account? If so you can upload photos to there and adjust your images (if you so desire) in Picnik. Might be worth looking into. I think you can have 200-300 photos uploaded before you have to start paying...

Tracy said...

Hi, Martina! Happy St. Pat's Day! My hubby & I have hour 10th wedding anniversary today the 17th... and no, we're not Irish! ;o) Those macarons are gorgeous...so long since I had a "real" on...mmm... Happy Days ((HUGS))

Jac said...

Happy St Paddy's day Martina!! Love the macaron photos, they look delicious! I've tried them in the past but they were pre-packaged Raymond Blanc ones and very uninspiring. I'd love to try the laudree ones but there's nowhere to buy them near where I live. I think I'll have to wait until a trip to London sometime! Oh and your photos look perfect for sooc (straight out of camera!).

Jac said...

Hi Martina, Just wondering how you are as you haven't blogged for a little while. I'm sure you're probably doing something busy in the real world but just wanted to pop by and say hello!

Jac said...

Hi Martina, Thanks for your comment letting me know what you were up to. I totally forgot that you had your thesis to do - I'm not surprised you're not blogging! I'm sure it will all work out ok and even though you are under a tremendous amount of stress I'm sure you'll get through it. Just make sure you find some time to do something nice for yourself to give you a little break! I'll look forward to the end of May when you're back on track blogging again -you always have such lovely links!
Oh and if you leave a comment, it automatically publishes as I don't moderate my comments but I've deleted the one you left, better to send me an email if you don't want it on the blog even for a short time!
I'm sending you some productive working vibes- so 'happy studying'!! :)