Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday morning...

Woke up to a cold but beautiful bright day so decided to go into town for breakfast in Bewleys cafe. Bewleys is on Grafton Street (Dublin's main shopping street on the south side) and is a Dublin institution. I remember when I came up to Dublin to go to UCD many years ago, I used to escape lectures and zip into town on my bike and sit in Bewleys for hours reading beside one of the nice open fires. It has been modernised and isn't quite as cosy but it's still a very special place and there were a couple of fires lit this morning too which was nice! Here are some snaps of Sth Anne Street, Grafton Street, Bewleys and our brekkie! Note the beautiful Harry Clarke stained glass windows in the cafe - stunning!





2 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh...that breakfast looks AMAZING. I love poached eggs. Enjoy the weekend, Martina!

Jac said...

Ooh I'm starving here and am now dreaming of poached eggs! It's cool if you find somewhere like this and especially if they have cozy fires! Is there a Bewleys in Belfast? I'm pretty sure I've been to one there but it may not be connected at all!