Sunday, January 03, 2010

Oh Hector...

Hello! I popped into the recently opened Conran Shop in town yesterday and finally gave in to temptation and purchased, not one, not two but three Hector lamps....aarrggh...very extravagant indeed but I have been longing for one (see here) for some time. I felt it was ok to splurge a little of my redundancy money in celebration of getting a new job..teehee! I bought the floor lamp for beside our sofa and two table lamps for our bedroom...below is a picture of the table lamp (floor lamp is exactly the same but taller!). I love the retro/vintage feel - they have bone china shades and a ceramic bases with a cotton-braided flex which really adds to the retro look!



Gazed longingly at the Eames "Hang it All" which I posted about here ...but will wait another day before I make that purchase.



Also got cosy on the Eames Lounger and Ottoman...but boy, I'll never be able to afford that at a hefty 5,000 euros...yikes!!




They didn't have the lamps in stock so I have to wait 3 whole weeks for them to arrive in Dublin...I will post some images when I have them in situ! Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love hector very much he's so smart! and you have baby hector's too! very exciting! I think it sounds like the perfect way to splurge a little! My hang it all is only a replica (so it was a little cheaper) but they are pretty cool, I'm sure you will have one of those one day too!

alice said...

I covet the 'hang it all' too, it is so jolly :)

Jac said...

Ooooh lovely lamps Martina - well worth the splurge and the wait. the hang it all looks pretty cute, even the one that Catherine has looks lovely. :)